Saturday, June 8, 2013

Sight Word Stackable Cup Game

Targets: I used the cups to target sight words but you could use them to target anything like specific phonemes, verbs, or numbers.

What you'll need:
  • Dixi cups or condiment cups (I bought condiment cups because they were cheaper and they work just as well)
  • A pen
  • Tape or glue



How to create:
Write directly on the cup or tape/glue strips of paper to each cup (make sure you're gluing it the right way up so that when the child builds the words will be readable).

How to play:
First, I have my client read the word on the cup.  For each word he gets correct, he adds the cup to his tower.  For maximum production I have him repeat all the sight words on his tower before adding another cup.





Activity inspiration courtesy of speechroomnews

No comments:

Post a Comment